Tuesday Feb 07, 2023
Kate chats with Cynthia Hammer, MSW, advocate and founder of the Inattentive ADHD coalition
My guest is Cynthia Hammer. She has her masters in social work, is an author, advocate and founder of the Inattentive ADHD coalition (www.iadhd.org). The mission of the Coalition is that children with Inattentive ADHD are diagnosed by age 8 and adults with inattentive ADHD are readily and correctly diagnosed when they seek help. She started this non-profit two years ago when she realized inattentive ADHD was still under diagnosed or incorrectly diagnosed. She knows, from her personal experience, how critical diagnosis and treatment of ADHD is and how it can transform lives. In this episode, Cynthia discusses Inattentive ADHD and why it’s important to diagnose and treat.
In this episode, Cynthia and I cover the following:
- What is Inattentive ADHD?
- The negative impacts of not diagnosing it
- How to work with weak memory, immaturity and trouble with peers?
- How do some Inattentive ADHD kids make it through school?
- The burden of feeling like you don’t fit in
- Cynthia shares her own story with Inattentive ADHD
- Why is it important to figure out if you have ADHD?
- Steps parents should take to support their ADHD child?
- How teachers may see signs of Inattentive ADHD first?
- How to help a child that goes beyond medication?
- Wrap -up with Cynthia’s wisdom
Brought to you by ADHDKidsCanThrive.com
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.