My guest is Scott Spradlin, a therapist and team lead at Wichita DBT at NorthStar Therapy. He is knowledgeable of DBT, ADHD, mindfulness, mental health and psychotherapy. I invited Scott to join me on this episode to help us understand and become more educated in DBT therapy as a tool for those who struggle with ADHD. You can find Scott at wisemindwiselife.com.
On this episode, Scott and I cover the following:
- What is DBT Therapy?
- How is DBT a viable treatment for someone who struggles with ADHD?
- How is DBT orientated towards skill building?
- mindfully being attentive
- deregulating strong emotions
- distress tolerance in a crisis
- building resilience
- interpersonal effectiveness
-Mindfulness of learning self acceptance and letting go of judgment
- How parents regulation of their emotions plays a role
- How DBT can help navigate interpersonal relationships
- What are DEAR MAN skills?
- What are FAST skills?
- When we are more skilled we are able to see more options for solving problems
- When should parents or an individual consider seeking out a DBT as a therapeutic option?
It's worth your time to listen! Thank you for listening and pass it on to anyone you think it might help!
Sign up for my newsletter at ADHDKidsCanThrive.com to keep in touch.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.