My guest is Sean G. McCormick, an executive function specialist. Sean guides students to overcome procrastination, disorganization and anxiety by teaching time management, prioritization and communication skills so they feel motivated, prepared and empowered. You can learn more about his services at www.efspecialists.com. In this episode, Sean shares a wealth of information about why and how executive function skills impact a child with ADHD. He shares insights, resources and tips on how a parent can help an ADHD child.
On this episode, Sean will cover the following:
- How all ADHDer's struggle with EF, but not everyone with EF struggles have ADHD
- Why are EF skills important life skills?
- What are EF skills?
- Why do we need to develop EF skills?
- What does the POSITIVE acronym mean?
- Are EF skills teachable?
- How to help a child when EF skills aren't coming naturally?
- The school/life years that our biggest transition times for ADHD kids
- How can parents support their child?
- How to navigate school to help support an ADHD child?
- When to seek outside support to help an ADHD child?
- Differences between an EF Coach and tutoring?
- Tips to get homework done and turned in?
- Sean wraps up with more tips and insights and reveals he also has ADHD
It's worth your time to listen! Thank you for listening and pass it on to anyone you think it might help!
Sign up for newsletter at ADHDKidsCanThrive.com to keep in touch. #ADHD
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.