Tuesday Feb 28, 2023
Kate chats with Dr. Sarah Cheyette, Pediatric Neurologist about how anxiety & depression relate to ADHD
My guest is Dr. Sarah Cheyette, Pediatric Neurologist. In this episode, Dr. Sarah Cheyette discusses how anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation and ADHD can be related. Dr. Sarah Cheyette graduated cum laude in Cognitive Neuroscience from Princeton University and received her medical degree from the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine. Following specialty training in pediatrics at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and in pediatric neurology at Seattle Children’s Hospital she settled with her family in the San Francisco Bay Area. She practices at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation where she focuses on treating ADHD in both children and adults. She is the author of three books on ADHD: ADHD and the Focused Mind, Winning with ADHD, and ADHD & Me as well as a book on headaches (Mommy My Head Hurts). In this episode, Dr. Sarah Cheyette discusses how anxiety, depression and suicidal ideation and ADHD can be related.
In this episode, Dr. Sarah Cheyette and I discuss the following:
- How is anxiety and depression and ADHD related?
- How being able to focus builds our self-esteem?
- How too much in an unfocused state can lead to bad feelings?
- How emotions turn off the thinking part of our brain?
- Symptoms of anxiety and/or depression is an individual experience
- What are treatments for an ADHD person that struggles with anxiety and/or depression?
- How to help an ADHD child manage school life and keep anxiety and/or depression in check?
- The role electronics plays in our kids
- What to do when a child’s anxiety or depression leads them to avoidance or isolation?
- When suicidal ideation becomes a factor with an ADHD child?
Brought to you by ADHDKidsCanThrive.com
#adhd parent support
#anxiety #depression #suicidal ideation
#screentime #electronics #avoidance #adhd treatments
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.